Wednesday, May 14, 2008

26 and Putting Pen to Paper



























Inspired by the Autograph Collector's blog, which invites you to submit a blog post, hand written in Greek, here is my offering. After much conjugating and dictionary trawling, I think what I have managed to say is:

"Yesterday evening I went out wearing a beautiful lace sari. And everyone looked at me like I was a UFO. It's okay, if you think about it I am an alien.

Sorry for my Greek. I'll get beats if Mr Zeus sees all the mistakes I make. Don't tell him!"

Maybe I should have put together something more profound. But you know when you think about something for ages and when you finally say it, nonsense comes out? Sort of the same.

I'm supposed to tag 5 people but really I think everyone should do this. If you're not sure you can use an online translator. People will get what you mean to say.... I hope...

7 comments:

itelli said...

Wow. Very impressed indeed. Χρόνια σου πολλά κ να τα εκατοστήσεις!

kukutsi said...

Χρονια Πολλα Μπολυ
Μου αρεσουν πολύ αυτα που γραφεις, συνέχισε!
Σε διαβαζω παντα. Εγω ειμαι στην Αγγλια αλλα θελω να γυρισω ελλαda και να βρω δουλεια. Anyway, να τα εκατοστησεις darling!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I wish you a nice, funny, interesting birthday day and may your good wishes come true!

Never mind the mistakes, as long as we're learning we're entitled to make mistakes... and of course we should never stop learning!

stassa said...

Oh, hey! I jsut saw this... two days too late! Χρόνια πολλά Bollybutton, happy birthday and many happy returns (er, is that USA English??)

Your handwritten Greek is fine, don't worry. I've been tagged with this too and now I have to let everyone know how bad my handwriting is... :(

bollybutton said...

I like how this exercise has prompted more of you to leave comments in Greek, great for practice! thanks for being so gentle with my efforts :)

Sofia K. said...

Hey, that's very good!! Χρόνια πολλά για τα γενέθλιά σου! I also love your handwriting; mine unfortunately is cringeworthy, no matter in which language I write... You're doing a very good job with your Greek, keep trying!!

Autographcollectors said...

Με μια μικρή καθυστέρηση, σου ευχόμαστε χρόνια πολλά για τα γενέθλιά σου.
Σ' ευχαριστούμε πολύ για την συμμετοχή σου στο "Ιδιογράφως".
Το σημείωμά σου αναρτήθηκε στο blog.
:)