Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Suffering for Arts Sake


Artistic souls live for their art. There are things we wouldn't normally do except in the context of preserving it in our chosen craft. I know I have a running narrative in my head in boring, dangerous or weird situations I end up in, writing out what is going on inside my mind in case it comes handy one day when I'm going to write books for a living.


Sometimes the innocent pursuit of what you love to do can remind you of the pig-headedness of other people. I'm talking about fellow Greece blogger, TeacherDude. He was recently viciously beaten up by the police for taking photographs of them during a protest. No verbal request, no warning of the consequences if he defied them, just straight in, leaving him with a broken nose and a dislocated shoulder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.