Alas my first attempt at my mystery task failed this morning so I might as well tell you what it was. I was trying to get my driving license. Sadly for me the instructor I was using was an absolute waste of oxygen for other useful members of society and he left the car in reverse gear.
I get in, an anxious student wanting to pass so a detail like checking the gears which any WORTHWHILE instructor sets up for a tested student, I didn't do thoroughly enough and the car jumped back. I failed on the spot.
Let me tell you what this failure has cost me just to rub salt into my wounds:
- One week of holiday leave taken off work to learn driving intensively
- Over £300, closer to £1000 if you count the lessons I began since last December
- Wasted precious hours of my life with an instructor who was a trainee. A TRAINEE!!! After I specifically told them I have limited time and need to pass first time.
- Blisters on both hands from 6 hours of driving every day
- A serious dent to my confidence
- A current total this time of over 3 weeks away from Athens which will now continue
The next test date is in one month. I'm hoping a cancellation will come up. I was planning to be back in Athens this weekend if it had all gone right.
I feel SO SAD!!! I'm still a lowly pedestrian!