Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Winter and the Sales

It's been a while since I commented on anything other than what's going on inside my head or my life in general. This blog is meant to be an observation of Greek life as I recall.

My big smelly doberman is inside today snoozing on the floor and I think he is depressed. Probably because I call him big and smelly and don't take him for walks often enough to pee on trees and sniff other dogs. I am a terrible mother.

Anyway, it's sale time in Athens. If you want to know about the perks of Greek life, the sales are definitely one. They don't fool around when they use the word 'sale' here. In the UK I'd usually hit the sales and only find the ugliest and biggest clothes on offer while all the pretty stuff was still full price. Not so here, they practically give it all away. Loving it!

In other tragic news, all this working from home has led me to leave the TV on all day as company. I get lonely, you know. The horrific side-effect of this habit is that... I don't even know how to say it... I now actually watch... the Young and the Restless. Oh the shame!!!!

Hmm, shockingly I have no more to say. So look at this, http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,2001875,00.html, I tell you this could not happen anywhere else except Greece, ha ha ha ha ha!!

No comments: