- The Yes Ceremony - To celebrate the couple accepting the engagement. Whatever, it's not like they had a choice to say no.
- The Engagement Ceremony - The exchanging of rings takes place
- The Oil Ceremony - The bride gets her hair oiled. All the female guests take turns adding a drop at a time. Yeah, pointless. It was running down her face by the time we were done.
- The Ubtan Ceremony - The female guests take turns applying a traditional bridal skin scrub to the bride. WTF right? This is usually done in private without any ceremony to go along. I mean, I don't see anyone coming to my bathroom to exfoliate my elbows. Am I missing out?
- The Henna Ceremony - Fun times. My favourite part of any wedding
- The Wedding
- The Reception
Don't be fooled. Each one of those days involved lavish settings, decorations to the house and full-on wedding meals. It was awful. By the time we got to the wedding we just didn't care any more. Everyone was feeling like they had run a marathon and our mother was at her wits end because each of the seven days required a different outfit for us.