Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Break





I'm off now for a Christmas break out of Athens so all of you enjoy. This is my first ever Greek Christmas tree which I put up this past weekend.
Greeks don't exchange gifts on Christmas, they do that on new year's eve. And trees, Santa Claus etc are relatively new trends. Traditionally a boat is decorated for Christmas in Greece.
And apart from my beloved honey cakes, melomacarona, I don't know what else is traditional Christmas food here, but I don't care because they're so yummy they're all I need. See you on the other side!

1 comment:

AL said...

Merry Christmas to you BB!
My first christmas away from home country too! Small celebrations here... I don't offically have a xmas tree, but a small pine tree outside... lol, Put up some xmassy deco around the house, blasting christmas carols, wrapping presents... enjoying our new LCD tv and pigging out! Not bad so far. I'll cook a chicken pie with mashed potato topping for lunch tomorrow... that's more of MY tradition. CHeers for the new year babes!